Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Journal #2 Refuge:An Unnatural History (First Part)

Terry Tempest Williams uses an informative way to introduce the change of water level of Great Salt Lake and lead to the rise of the Great Salt Lake is a threaten to the burrowing owls. But finally the reason why the burrowing owls was cinderblock building took over the mound of the burrowing owls. From the “I held up my fist…lifted my middle finger to the sky” the description of action shows the Terry Tempest Williams really rage at that time and indicates that she loves these burrowing owls. Also, from the dialogue between those three men, it shows that some people in our life are unconcern about the natural life. When we pursued economic profit, we should have responsibility to think about the natural life. In addition, I like the writer “snapshot” a lot of different kinds of birds from the ground to the sky in her memory. It makes me have a vivid picture in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment